Do you ever feel out of balance? Maybe your priorities right now feel a little off, or perhaps you even feel physically shaky or unstable on your feet. Wherever you fall on this spectrum, today’s episode is for you because I’m sitting down with Sage Rountree to discuss balance, both on and off your mat.
Sage is an endurance sports coach and a pioneer in incorporating yoga for athletes. Sage’s classes, training plans, videos, books, and articles make yoga, core strength, and endurance exercise accessible to everyone. Her goal is to help people find the right balance between work and rest for peak performance in sports and in life in general.
Tune in this week to discover how to achieve balance through your yoga practice. We’re discussing how to decide what would bring more balance to your practice, either for yourself or your students, the power of yoga in helping athletes take preventative measures around injury, and how to create a sequence that brings a little more physical, mental, and spiritual balance into your life.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Sage became a coach for endurance athletes and saw yoga as a unique opportunity in the space.
- The differences between yoga for athletes versus the yoga you’ll find at your local studio.
- Why balance is such an important part of any yogic practice, whether or not you’re an athlete.
- Your role as a yoga instructor in helping your students figure out their optimal alignment, rather than trying to fix them.
- Where to look to discover where you need to create more physical balance through your practice.
- How to create a sequence for yourself or your students that brings more balance to life as a whole.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a Coaching Call with Me
- Sage Rountree: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
- The Professional Yoga Teacher’s Handbook by Sage Rountree
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses by Sage Rountree
- The Athletes Guide to Yoga by Sage Rountree
- Carolina Yoga Company
- Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga for Your Mood, with Amy Weintraub
- Yoga for Healthy Aging, with Baxter Bell
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment