Do you suffer from anxiety or depressive moods from time to time? Do you wish you had more tools to shift your energy while still meeting yourself where you are? Yoga can be a transformative resource for shifting your energy, and my guest today happens to be an expert on this topic.
Amy Weintraub is a bestselling author, award-winning novelist, and the founder of LifeForce Yoga. Since becoming a certified yoga teacher in 1991, Amy has been a pioneer in the yoga and mental health field, writing life-changing books on how yoga can shift your mood. Listeners may recognize her from her books, Yoga for Depression, Yoga Skills for Therapists, and her new card deck, Yoga for Your Mood.
In this episode, Amy shares the ways practicing yoga transformed the way she manages her mood swings and how yoga teachers can facilitate this healing for our students. We discuss Amy’s impressive career, how a daily practice can help you connect with what is true beneath the mood, and the power of allowing yourself to feel your feelings. If you’ve been looking for natural ways to address your low or anxious moods, yoga could be an option, and this episode will share why.
Interested in taking a yoga class with me? Get your hands on exclusive content and our class library by becoming a Premium Member on our membership platform. I’ll see you there!
What You’ll Discover:
- How yoga helped Amy shift her experience with depressive moods.
- Some examples of how to use yoga for anxiety and depression.
- Why teachers need to give their students permission to feel their feelings.
- Amy’s advice for confidently using mudras.
- How creativity helps Amy manage her mood swings.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Subscribe, rate, and review this podcast anywhere you listen. Find out how here.
- Connect with us on Instagram
- Amy Weintraub Website | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube | Books
- Yoga for Your Mood Deck
- LifeForce YogaAyurveda, The Natural Prozac – Yoga Journal article
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment