Did you know that the nervous system is basically controlling everything that happens in your body? It happens way too quickly to do anything about it in that moment, however, you can still greatly influence your state and your general nervous system functioning over time.
If you feel like you’ve been surviving but you want to move towards thriving, today’s episode is the perfect tool for you. Stress is such an important topic, and how to deal with it is at the core of my coaching, so I have a lot to say on the subject, and this episode, in particular, will give you a greater understanding of how your nervous system functions, and what you can do to support it.
Tune in this week to get a little nerdy about your nervous system. We’re discussing the science behind your nervous system, its structure, how it’s trying to help you, and how you can leverage your thoughts, allowing you to work with your nervous system to change your experience of stress and create a sense of true safety.
What You’ll Discover:
- What your nervous system is and how it functions in your body.
- The science behind your nervous system and how it processes threats of all kinds.
- Why our perception of a stressful situation has more weight than the objective facts of the situation.
- What your nervous system comprises of and how it communicates with your brain.
- The difference between your central nervous system and your peripheral nervous system.
- How your vagus nerve functions in your nervous system and how our understanding polyvagal theory has evolved over the years.
- The fascinating places your nervous system takes its cues from when determining potential threats.
- 3 ways our nervous system naturally responds, and how it’s possible to influence it.
- What you can do to start regulating your nervous system and creating a sense of safety.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Dr. Steven Porges
- My Solo Episodes