Whether or not you consider yourself aging (although technically we all are) beyond your actual age, you’re probably looking forward in your life and hoping for health, wellness, and longevity. What matters more than our age is always how we feel. So, if you are on a journey to feel your best for as long as possible, this episode is for you.
I’m sitting down with Baxter Bell, a family doctor, medical acupuncturist, author, yoga teacher, and a licensed yoga therapist. He has deep insights into experiential anatomy, yoga technique, and yoga mythology, and he’s here to share how to use yoga can as a life-changing tool when it comes to healthy aging.
If you currently believe that healthy aging isn’t something you need to consider right now, think again. Baxter Bell is here to discuss the science behind why yoga is an amazing tool for healthy aging, and how you can start introducing yoga into your routine, no matter how old you are.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Baxter decided he wanted to become a yoga teacher and sharing the therapeutic applications of yoga.
- Why you don’t have to be in the later seasons of your life to practice yoga for healthy aging.
- What healthy versus unhealthy aging means to Baxter.
- Why you’re never too old to start practicing yoga, as long as you find a practice that works for you.
- How to explore and decide on the right yoga practice for you.
- The truly amazing mental and physical effects of using yoga as a tool for healthy aging, whatever your current age.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a Coaching Call with Me
- Baxter Bell: Website | YouTube | Facebook | Email
- Yoga for Healthy Aging by Baxter Bell and Nina Zolotow
- Who Ordered this Truckload of Dung by Ajahn Brahm
- The Yoga Journal
- The International Journal of Yoga Therapy
- Rodney Yee
- Mary Pafford
- Patricia Sullivan
- Richard Rosen
- B K S Iyengar
- Vanda Scaravelli
- Ep #41: Intro to Pranayama (Breath Work) with Richard Rosen
- Ep #125: A Contemplative Approach to Your Yoga Practice with Rebecca Polack
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment