Do you struggle to show up regularly in your meditation practice? Maybe you feel like you’re always making excuses to skip, or you’re only doing it because you think you should do it? If this sounds like a familiar story, or even if you’re new to the practice of meditation and you want to get started, today’s episode is for you.
For today’s episode, I sat down with Kelly Smith. Kelly is a globally celebrated yoga and meditation teacher and host of the chart-topping podcasts Mindful in Minutes and Meditation Mama. Kelly believes there is no one-size-fits-all approach to yoga and meditation and she encourages listening to your body, finding your own personal practice, and discovering inner joy through accessing your authentic self and owning your power.
Tune in this week to hear from Kelly Smith about how to make your meditation practice serve you. Kelly is sharing the reasons why you may have found it difficult in the past to stick with a meditation practice in the long term, and how to identify what you’re craving, so you can set yourself up for success and give your brain and body what it needs as part of a regular practice.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Kelly started specializing in meditation yoga nidra and restorative yoga.
- Why Kelly moved away from physical practices and moved into meditation and visualization.
- The need Kelly saw in the world for more access to introspective practices.
- The common objections Kelly hears for starting a physical asana practice online, and why she doesn’t see the same challenges with people starting a location-independent meditation practice.
- Why meditation is much simpler than your brain might be allowing you to believe.
- How to manage your expectations and stick with your meditation practice in the long term, and why the most common time for people to quit is two weeks in.
- Why your meditation practice should always feel good, not like another thing to check off the list.
- The difference between guided meditation and yoga nidra, and what makes yoga nidra so special.
- What you can do to weigh up the potential benefits if a meditation practice feels uncomfortable in the moment.
- How to discover what kind of meditation practice is going to work for you and get started.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a Coaching Call with Me
- Kelly Smith: Website | Instagram | YouTube | Mindfulness in Minutes | Meditation Mama
- Jason Crandell
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment