Even if you have a basic understanding of your nervous system, alongside a basic understanding of yoga philosophy and practice, they may occupy two different areas of your brain. So today, I’m inviting you to merge them together and take your Western scientific knowledge of the nervous system and correlate it to your knowledge of Eastern philosophy, yoga, and ayurveda.
To discuss the intersection between yoga and the nervous system, I’m joined by Eddie Stern. Eddie is a yoga teacher, author, and researcher who is responsible for a wealth of evidence-based research in the healing capacities of yoga.
If you’ve never looked at yoga as a practice for toning your vagus nerve and healing your nervous system, tune in this week to discover how to view your nervous system through the lens of yoga. You’ll learn how to use yoga as a practice to support your body in flowing with nature, why yoga is a listening practice, and the research Eddie has done around everything we’re discussing today.
Join Recharge, Reconnect and Reset –The Retreat. This in-person immersion is like getting 3 months of coaching with me packed in 7 days. I can’t wait to share all my favorite mind-body-spirit and nervous system and self-care practices, to help you drop the hustle lifestyle, melt your stress and anxiety away, and transform your life from the inside out. If you are a sensitive soul or a yogi and you are ready to put yourself first, cater to your needs without guilt, and learn how you can return to your life feeling rejuvenated and equipped to make it last, this is going to be life-changing for you.
What You’ll Discover:
- How yoga helps remove the weight of your limiting beliefs.
- Eddie’s research linking yoga and the nervous system.
- How to start looking at your nervous system through the lens of yoga.
- The difference between yogic practice and praxis.
- Why a knowledge of the philosophy of yoga is vital for building an effective yoga practice.
- How yoga gives support to the innate intelligence of the body, allowing it to flow with nature.
- Why yoga is a listening practice.
- Where to start with supporting your nervous system through the most basic practices.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Everything you need:
- Find more info about the retreat here.
- Send me a DM on Instagram or an email at email@example.com to chat about the retreat or get your discounted payment link to reserve your spot.
- Check out Villa Sumaya, our retreat center this year.
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here, and 73 : Yoga, Chronic Pain and Mental Health
- Claim it! #218 Erika Belanger – Yoga Teacher, HSP Coach, Podcaster, Seeker and Nomad
- How To Actually Love Yourself with Erika Belanger, The You-est YOU® Podcast
- The retreat is not the right thing for you but you still want to work with me? Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life or click here to enquire about 1:1 coaching.
- Leave a review for this episode for the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Not sure if you are highly sensitive (HSP) Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Eddie Stern: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Yoga Education Collective
- One Simple Thing: A New Look at the Science of Yoga and How it Can Transform Your Life by Eddie Stern
- Vivekananda Yoga University
- The Broome Street Ganesha Temple
- Dr. Marshall Hagins
- Stephen Porges
- Dr. Neil Theise