If you tend to close yourself off when the world feels overwhelming, repressing your feelings when they take up too much space, or distracting yourself with screens when what you really need is a break, today’s episode is for you. If you’re Highly Sensitive, this episode will be especially useful.
For today’s conversation, I sat down with Nate Klemp PhD. Nate is a writer, philosopher, and entrepreneur. He’s the author of the upcoming book Open: Living with an Expansive Mind in a Distracted World, and he’s here to help us open up to all that life brings, or skillfully close ourselves off where necessary.
Tune in this week to discover how to open your mind to create expansion, possibility, and to shift your focus so you can experience challenging thoughts, emotions, and sensations in new, amazing ways. You’ll learn simple practices to intentionally and skillfully open yourself up and close yourself off when necessary.
Join Recharge, Reconnect and Reset –The Retreat. This in-person immersion is like getting 3 months of coaching with me packed in 7 days. I can’t wait to share all my favorite mind-body-spirit and nervous system and self-care practices, to help you drop the hustle lifestyle, melt your stress and anxiety away, and transform your life from the inside out. If you are a sensitive soul or a yogi and you are ready to put yourself first, cater to your needs without guilt, and learn how you can return to your life feeling rejuvenated and equipped to make it last, this is going to be life-changing for you.
What You’ll Discover:
- How our minds close themselves off to the world around us.
- Why skillfully closing yourself off is as important as opening up to all that life brings.
- Nate’s favorite everyday practice for opening up to all that life brings.
- How to stop the chaos of the outside world from coming into your internal world.
- Why this work is particularly important if you’re a Highly Sensitive Person.
- What nervous system flexibility looks like.
- Simple practices you can try right now to open yourself up or skillfully close yourself off.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Everything you need:
- Find more info about the retreat here.
- Send me a DM on Instagram or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about the retreat or get your discounted payment link to reserve your spot.
- Check out Villa Sumaya, our retreat center this year.
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here, and 73 : Yoga, Chronic Pain and Mental Health
- Claim it! #218 Erika Belanger – Yoga Teacher, HSP Coach, Podcaster, Seeker and Nomad
- How To Actually Love Yourself with Erika Belanger, The You-est YOU® Podcast
- The retreat is not the right thing for you but you still want to work with me? Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life or click here to enquire about 1:1 coaching.
- Leave a review for this episode for the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Not sure if you are highly sensitive (HSP) Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Nate Klemp: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Life XT
- Preorder: Open: Living with an Expansive Mind in a Distracted World by Nate Klemp
- The 80/80 Marriage: A New Model for a Happier, Stronger Marriage by Nate Klemp and Kaley Klemp
- Start Here: Master the Lifelong Habit of Wellbeing by Nate Klemp and Eric Langshur
- Alia Crum
- Ram Dass
- 58: Restorative Yoga and the Importance of Slowing Down, with Judith Hanson Lasater