If you experience fear, worry, or anxiety on a regular basis, you’re the kind to wait for the other shoe to drop, or you either try to control the world (and the people) around you or you hide parts of yourself, then today’s episode is for you. If you’ve experienced any of these feelings, it might be because you don’t feel safe.
If you’re waiting for the world to change and for you to feel safe again, you’re probably going to be waiting a long time. That’s why this week on the podcast, I wanted to talk about how you can feel more safe in your body.
Join me as I talk about the difference between safety and feeling safe, why it matters, why we don’t feel safe, and the key to feeling safe. This is not an episode on how to be more safe, it is an episode on how to feel more safe.
What You’ll Discover:
- How to decrease a threat around you while increasing your resources.
- Ways that you might experience unsafe feelings even when you’re physically safe.
- Questions to ask yourself to determine if you feel safe.
- Why you might not be a safe space for yourself (and how to change that).
- How to reverse engineer the way your body responds when you feel unsafe to feel safe.
- The importance of inner child work.
- New practices for body orienting.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Episode #73: Yoga, chronic pain, and mental health
- Episode #77: Setting Goals and Moving Forward
- Episode #87: 5 reasons you procrastinate
- Episode #93: A 3 step guide to being more yourself
- Episode #117: Understanding Your Stress
- Episode #121: Nervous System 101
- Episode #128: Tools to Regulate Your Nervous System
- Episode #142: Your Nervous System and Your Emotions
- Body Orienting Practices Video
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment