Did you know that different countries practice yoga differently? Not only that, they approach mental health and stress pretty differently as well. When we travel the world and have a chance to study with different teachers, we start to notice all the different approaches, and my guest Lily Allen-Duenas has been studying and teaching yoga all over the world. So we sat down to talk about her experience and what she’s learned along the way.
Lily is an international yoga teacher, meditation guide, and holistic health and wellness coach. She helps overwhelmed individuals reduce their emotional overload and find balance, breath, and space for self-care, so they can live lives centered on wholehearted wellbeing.
Tune in this week to discover the different experiences of practicing yoga in different countries. Lily has been on a journey and has so much to share about approaches to yoga and stress around the world. She is also sharing her personal experience of dealing with stress as well as giving us practical tips for addressing physical or mental stress.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Lily got involved with the international yoga community.
- Why Lily fell in love with all of the different styles, techniques, cultures, and approaches you find internationally.
- How Lily’s work is shining a light on the whole global yoga community.
- Some of the surprising things Lily has learned as a travel-based international yoga teacher.
- How Lily has found the experience of practicing yoga changes from place to place.
- Examples from around the world of countries that are ahead of their time in how they approach mental health.
- How to be more conscious of your stress and the mental and physical consequences of not acknowledging it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a Coaching Call with Me
- Lily Allen-Duenas: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn
- Wild Yoga Tribe: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Podcast
- Samuel Muthama
- Episode #134: Nervous System-Informed Trauma Sensitive Yoga, with Joann Lutz