Are you experiencing back pain, even when you’re doing yoga (or maybe because you’re doing yoga)? You’re not alone – 80% of adults experience back pain. And while it can be frustrating when your yoga practice makes your back worse, today’s guest can help you solve the puzzle of your body.
Lillah Schwartz is a C-IYAT, E-RYT 500, author, and yoga teacher trainer who is certified in yoga therapy, adaptive yoga, and as a back care specialist. Through her teaching, her training, and her 2016 book, Healing Our Backs with Yoga, Lillah offers the science and spirit of yoga to thousands who have become pain free from her alignment-based, heartfelt instruction.
Tune in this week to hear Lillah and I discuss how yoga impacts back pain, why breath is so important for healing your back, and how to listen to your body so that you’re setting yourself and your practice up for success.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Lillah learned from her own pain.
- What to do when you’re experiencing pain after stretching.
- Why our practice changes as we change.
- How to access the bottom of the belly.
- The importance of strengthening your core and your pelvic floor.
- Why you should be focusing on long and short instead of strong and weak.
- What to do after seeking relief for pain.
- Why balance in all of your activities can change your pain.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a Coaching Call with Me
- Lillah Schwartz: Website | YouTube
- Lillah’s 5 Pose Psoas Release Video Series