Are you living a slowed-down quiet life, or are you in functional freeze? For people who aren’t in the nine-to-five rat race, it can feel like you’re living a slower pace of life. However, you might actually be in a state of functional freeze. If this sounds even a little familiar, today’s episode with Diana May is for you.
Diana May is a dedicated yoga teacher and lifelong learner with the goal of supporting people in loving their bodies as they are in the present moment. Her practice infuses anatomy, alignment, and mindfulness through the lens of the nervous system. She believes that yoga is a way to observe both physical and psychological patterns and choose a new way forward.
Whether you’re in a state of functional freeze, or you want to help others understand their nervous system, tune in this week to discover how we find ourselves in functional freeze and Diana May’s tips for thawing from this state of freeze.
Join Recharge, Reconnect and Reset –The Retreat. This in-person immersion is like getting 3 months of coaching with me packed in 7 days. I can’t wait to share all my favorite mind-body-spirit and nervous system and self-care practices, to help you drop the hustle lifestyle, melt your stress and anxiety away, and transform your life from the inside out. If you are a sensitive soul or a yogi and you are ready to put yourself first, cater to your needs without guilt, and learn how you can return to your life feeling rejuvenated and equipped to make it last, this is going to be life-changing for you.
What You’ll Discover:
- How we find ourselves in functional freeze.
- Why it’s impossible to set boundaries in a state of freeze.
- How yoga transformed Diana’s experience of stress.
- The 2 branches of your nervous system and how they act like either the gas pedal or the brake.
- How to tell when you’re in a state of functional freeze.
- Why operating from your mind isn’t the way to interact with your nervous system.
- How to start thawing from your state of functional freeze.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Everything you need:
- Find more info about the retreat here.
- Send me a DM on Instagram or an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about the retreat or get your discounted payment link to reserve your spot.
- Check out Villa Sumaya, our retreat center this year.
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here, and 73 : Yoga, Chronic Pain and Mental Health
- Claim it! #218 Erika Belanger – Yoga Teacher, HSP Coach, Podcaster, Seeker and Nomad
- How To Actually Love Yourself with Erika Belanger, The You-est YOU® Podcast
- The retreat is not the right thing for but you still want to work with me? Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life or Click here to enquire about 1:1 coaching.
- Leave a review for this episode for the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Not sure if you are highly sensitive (HSP) Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Diana May: Website | Instagram