Are you inquisitive about your body? If you’d love to know more about how it works and eventually have a sense of self-mastery, today’s episode is for you. And, if you’re a yoga teacher, get ready—today’s guest is a great teacher’s teacher.
Matt Giordiano is the creator and founder of the Chromatic Yoga School, which was born out of the desire to support yoga teachers in their skill set development without forcing them to teach like him or anyone else. His study of biomechanics and integrative mind-body techniques informs his teaching, as he draws upon wisdom from traditions of yoga, martial arts (Aikido and Tae Kwon Do), acrobatics, AcroYoga, and Thai Yoga Massage. Since 2020, Matt has been offering his 200 and 300-hour teacher trainings online, as well as a monthly online immersion.
Join us for a conversation about how anatomy influences technique, the importance of starting with the basics, and how self-awareness can change your yoga practice. Matt also shares specific technique tips for the shoulders, hips and hamstrings, and the spine.
What You’ll Discover:
- Matt’s yoga journey, including how he became more in touch with his own body.
- Why Matt started diving into anatomy and how it connected with his yoga practice.
- The five different layers of our being and how awareness impacts all of them.
- Why there isn’t really a right or wrong way to do a pose, it’s more about what is right for your body.
- How to use your mind to understand your physical body.
- Why you should start with what the body wants to do, then move on to more advanced techniques.
- The importance of pairing techniques to strengthen and stretch certain areas of the body.
- Why the places where you’re uncomfortable are the places that need the most attention—both on your body and in your mind.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Matt Giordiano: Website | Instagram