or our 13th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Julianne Aiello. Julianne is the founder of Outdoor Yoga SF. She leads a team of passionate teachers, and teaches yoga classes on the beach in San Francisco. They believe that gathering together in nature is a nourishing way to create a community and they do it very well! Today we sat down to talk about her yoga journey and how yoga and nature go so well together!
Listen to the podcast here :
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 13th episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
As always, I really appreciate your support. So as you leave a review on iTunes or on your iPhone podcast app, you automatically enter a giveaway. Once more Athleta is supporting this podcast in their effort to ignite a community of strong women who lift each other up, and is giving out a 75$ shop card!
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself and how you found yoga and meditation?
- How do you think it has affected your life?
- How was your experience teaching at Yoga Journal Live Event like for you? What’s your relationship to nature?
- Why do you choose to teach on the beach?
- Do you teach differently on the beach vs in the studio? What are the benefits of practicing outside?
- What has been the biggest challenge throughout this whole project? What has been your biggest lesson?
- Do you have any tips for people who want to come to practice outside?
- Where is your personal favorite space to practice outside?
- Is there a location outside you would like to teach you haven’t taught yet?
- Do you have a dream location for yoga classes?
- When you lead retreats, do you take people outside the space usually reserved for yoga?
- I’m gonna say a few words. Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind: Beach, Forest, Mountain, Island, Ocean…
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Julianne is a San Francisco based yoga teacher, a practitioner of joy and love, and a student of life. She teaches a strong, grounding, lighthearted vinyasa yoga practice that welcomes all bodies and all beings to feel the power of stretching and breathing.
Julianne is on a mission to help people find a reprieve and sanctuary in the practice of yoga so that you can call on it often. A few minutes before a walk or run, as a practice to do at home, or simply in taking a few deep breaths to reset during your day. You can join her classes on the beach with Outdoor Yoga SF, or reach out for privates in yoga, reiki, and wellness coaching.
Find more about her here: www.julianneyoga.com
Upcoming events: Kauai Yoga Retreat, Weekend Beach Yoga: Saturdays at 11 am, Sundays at 4:30 pm