If you are a yogi, you are probably on the path of self-realization. There are many pieces to that puzzle, and service is a very important one. Ever wonder how you could be of service and how you could stay selfless in that process? If so, my guest today is the perfect person to share on this.
Bobbi Paidel is a yoga teacher, practitioner, and seeker with more than 18 years of deep studies in contemplation of the human experience. She has devoted her life to living and sharing the spiritual principles of yoga and oneness, as taught by her guru in the Vedic wisdom tradition. Since 2014, Bobbi will spend months, sometimes years at a time, at her home in northern India, where she can immerse herself in the yoga lifestyle. She is also the host of A Curious Yogi podcast; a certified space-holder for the recovery-based yoga and 12-step program; the co-founder of The Tribe of Lambs, a Canadian charity for children living with HIV in India; and works as a crisis advocate in a women’s shelter in her home province of Alberta, Canada.
Join us for a discussion on Seva Yoga, why service is so important, and why giving shouldn’t be about receiving. We even talk about concrete actions you can take today to start making change if service isn’t already a prominent component of your life.
What You’ll Discover:
- What Seva Yoga is and how service plays a role on and off the mat.
- How Seva Yoga is talked about in the yogic text.
- Why building your own spiritual awareness is important to being of service to others.
- Different ways to show up for people.
- How to reflect on how you’re providing service.
- The importance of checking your spiritual ego and unlearning colonialist mindsets.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Bobbi Paidel: Website | Instagram
- A Curious Yogi with Bobbi Paidel Podcast
- #YogaToEnd World AIDS Day
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment