Whether or not you have an autoimmune disease like lupus yourself, you likely know somebody who does. If you’re a yoga teacher, you should be aware that at least 5% of the students in your class have an autoimmune disease. When feeling the symptoms of lupus like fatigue, joint pain, muscle aches, weakness, shortness of breath, or when an autoimmune disease takes a toll on a person’s mental health, yoga is an incredible tool to deal with the pain and aid overall wellbeing.
To talk in depth about yoga for lupus and autoimmune diseases, I sat down with Amanda Chay. Amanda is the author of The Girlfriend’s Guide to Lupus, a self-help book for women who are feeling scared and alone with their lupus diagnosis. Amanda helps people put their health first, and since her own diagnosis, she’s dedicated her work to helping other women with lupus.
If you’re ready to learn how to make yoga part of your holistic approach to health and wellness, tune in this week. We’re discussing why autoimmune diseases are difficult to diagnose, some of the signs a person has an autoimmune disease, and how yoga can ease the symptoms and improve the lives of people who have an autoimmune diagnosis.
To enter our amazing giveaway to celebrate 200 episodes, leave a review on iTunes or share the podcast on social media. Make sure you send me a screen shot of your review at firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered!
Join the Sensitivity Reset, my three-month coaching group for releasing overwhelm and anxiety for a happier life. I also have a retreat called Recharge, Reset, and Reconnect, an in-person immersion where we work on the root causes of your overthinking. The best news is I’m having a flash sale for Black Friday, November 24th 2023, so this is your chance to save $300 on your ticket! Use code BLACKFR23 at checkout.
What You’ll Discover:
- Why it takes a long time for people to get diagnosed with lupus.
- The effect pregnancy and other environmental triggers have on lupus.
- How lupus affects the body and some signs that a person has an autoimmune disease.
- The difference a consistent yoga practice has made for Amanda since her lupus diagnosis.
- How yoga heals the body on a cellular level, which is particularly important for people with lupus.
- The neurological symptoms of lupus and the profound impact of a yoga practice on your mental health.
- How to support the people in your life who have an autoimmune disease.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- If you want some help with setting boundaries for protection and connection, click here to enquire about how 1:1 coaching, working with your body and nervous system, will make setting boundaries easier.
- Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Explore my Instagram
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here!
- Amanda Chay: Website | Instagram
- The Girlfriend’s Guide to Lupus by Amanda Chay
- Breath by James Nestor
- Read more about Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction