We all go through grief, whether it’s smaller losses or life-altering ones. If you’re going through a hard time with loss, or if you’d like to help someone else who’s currently in the thick of grief, today’s episode is for you. I’m sitting down with Paul Denniston to discuss how to use yoga to channel and release the emotions of grief.
Paul Denniston is the founder of Grief Yoga and the author of Healing Through Yoga: Transform Loss Into Empowerment. Paul believes we can use yoga to deal with our unresolved grief, giving ourselves a compassionate space to allow negative emotions to move through us. He’s here to help us transform trauma and connect to the resilient, loving warrior within.
Tune in this week to discover how to use movement, breath, and sound to release pain and suffering. We’re discussing how to connect with empowerment and love during times of grief, why grief isn’t just the loss of a loved one, and how to give your grief the dedicated time and space required to move through your brain and body.
If you want some help with setting boundaries for protection and connection, click here to enquire about how 1:1 coaching, working with your body and nervous system, will make setting boundaries easier.
Find out just how sensitive you are with my free quiz! After you take the quiz, you’ll receive your own personalized workbook and action plan with the right tools for your level of sensitivity.
What You’ll Discover:
- The problem with running away from sadness, grief, and loss.
- How yoga first helped Paul begin truly feeling and processing his anger and suffering.
- Why grief isn’t just confined to the loss of loved ones.
- How to see where any change in your life is leading to a feeling of grief.
- Why grief doesn’t need a lot of time, but it does need dedicated time and space.
- How to turn your anger into a healthy fuel.
- Some physical practices you can use right now to start navigating grief and loss with more ease.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Explore my Instagram
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here!
- Paul Denniston: Website | Instagram | Facebook | X (Twitter)
- Healing Through Yoga: Transform Loss Into Empowerment by Paul Denniston (Free course included)
- Inside Out – movie