If you’re struggling with depression, or even the occasional depressive mood, today’s episode is for you. My guest this week is a therapist who approaches depression holistically by including yoga in her toolbox, which is why I knew you’d love to hear her on the show. We’re discussing depression in general, and how you can use yoga to support yourself through hard times.
Chris McDonald is a holistic licensed therapist and runs an online practice called Path to Hope Counselling. She offers gentle yoga to clients in groups, workshops, and privately, specializing in the treatment of anxiety, depression, trauma, and grief in young adults.
Tune in this week to discover how yoga can be a supportive practice during depression or in the presence of a depressive state. Chris McDonald is explaining how she incorporates yoga into her therapeutic practices to support her clients’ nervous systems and release positive neurochemicals, and she’s sharing the tools of yoga that you can start using to meet your mood and address discomfort in your own nervous systems.
If you’re ready to take this work deeper and learn the skills required to overcome overwhelm, this is the subject of my next coaching group, starting in April 2023! This is your ticket to thriving in a world that wasn’t built for highly sensitive people, and you can sign up for the waitlist here!
Find out just how sensitive you are with my free quiz! After you take the quiz, you’ll receive your own personalized workbook and action plan with the right tools for your level of sensitivity.
What You’ll Discover:
- Chris’s journey as a licensed mental health therapist and how she infused yoga into her practice.
- How Chris is working with other therapists to explore different holistic modalities and deepen their practices.
- Chris’s favorite holistic daily routine for herself.
- The difference between the symptoms of depression versus being in a depressive state.
- How Chris approaches depression in her work as a holistic therapist.
- Why yoga is an amazing tool for emotional regulation and increasing the positive neurochemicals that people are often prescribed medication for.
- Chris’s thoughts on combining depression medication with a yoga practice.
- The specific practices that will allow you to meet your mood where it is and start feeling better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Chris McDonald: Website | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube | Podcast
- Self-Care for the Counsellor: A Holistic Guide for Helping Professionals by Chris McDonald