For our 40th episode, I sat down with Heather Reinhardt. Heather is an author, speaker, producer, entrepreneur, yogi, and Yerba Mate addict. she created a lifestyle brand and product line called Amour De Soi™, which includes Affirmation Candles™ and Self-Love Jewelry. Her debut book, Go Love Yourself, was released in Spring 2019 and she’s now working on a four-part book series that’s currently being adapted for television called Past Life Husbands. Today we sat down to talk about self-love and the journey through it.
Listen tot he full episode here:
5 BIGGEST TAKE-AWAY FROM THIS EPISODE
1- Yoga impacts your self-love journey because it shows you who you are. The mat is a mirror for your entire life.
2- Self-love is a righteous knowing of your identity; an understanding of your past choices and a clarity on your future choices. Only when you know yourself, can you love yourself. You stop judging yourself, and when you stop judging yourself you stop judging others. Self-love then becomes the seeds of what is needed to heal the planet.
3- Sacredness is a key to self-love. Sacredness is the combination of your mind, body and spirit working together. To live your best life, you have to know all 3 aspects of that about yourself and act in a way that serves all 3. Good self-care is the key to live in your purpose.
4- Self-awareness is the first step to emotional intelligence. When you get triggered and are able to notice it, you can choose how to response. Taking responsibility for your choices and choosing compassion and forgiveness for yourself instead of blame, judgment and anger is an act of self-love.
5- Breakdowns are the start of breakthroughs. They are a process of transformation in which alone time is crucial to create spaciousness in your life and get clarity. Over scheduling is a strategy to run from yourself.
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED DURING THIS EPISODE :
- Can you tell us about yourself and your journey toward self-love. How is the mat a mirror of our life?
- What did you learn about yourself on your mat?
- What does it mean to love one-self?
- Why is it challenging for people to make the choice to love themselves? You say: “no one really just wakes up one day and decided to love themselves.”
- In our last episode, #39 The Portal with Tom Cronin, we talked about shifting our mind’s view on what it means to be human… because if we really saw the beauty in that, we would value different things and act differently. In your book, you talk about understanding our own sacredness as a key to self-love… can you explain what you mean?
- What does it look like to treat your mind and your thoughts with respect? Any tips to shift our mindset?
- How can we move from gratitude to manifestation. What does it look like to treat your body with respect in your opinion?
- What does it mean to respect your spirit?
- How does following your intuition helps you understand your own sacredness?
- What’s there a link between boundaries, choices, empowerment, and self-love?
- Is setting and respecting your boundaries an act of self-care?
- What’s the link between emotions, emotional intelligence, and self-love?
- Is there a destination to the journey of self-love? Is there a moment where you have arrived and everything gets automatic and easy?
- What’s the biggest obstacle on the self-love journey?
- How is alone time crucial?
- How is self-sabotage a betrayal of our sacred self and growth? How do we stop it?
- Why is life on auto-pilot not a life of growth? How do we get off from auto-pilot if that’s feeling safe?
- How do you face people that confront you with the phrase “ You’ve changed” and how can we align with people that add momentum to our growth?
- Do you have any practices, tips or useful tools to cultivate self-love to share with us we haven’t yet mentioned?
- Anything else you want to add before we finish? If there was one takeaway you’d like listeners to leave with what would it be.
- I’ll put all your info in the show notes, but in the meantime, what’s the best place for people to find you? If they want to say hello or study with you?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW!
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 40th episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen to not miss an episode or get on my mailing list!
As always, I really appreciate your support. So as you leave a review on iTunes or on your iPhone podcast app, you automatically enter a giveaway. Athleta is generously continuing to support this podcast in their effort to ignite a community of strong women who lift each other up, and is giving out a 75$ shop card! If you’re not sure how to leave a review, check this article.
On and Off Your Mat is also now part of Patreon. Patreon is a web platform where you can donate to financially support this podcast or you can become a monthly member. Donators get shoutouts on the episode and as monthly members you receive exclusive content : mini-shows, guided meditation, guided flows and so much more. Visit my patreon page at here to become a member and get access to the August and September and now October exclusive content! You can make a one time donation or become a member at 5$ Tier to listen to what you have missed so far. On November 1st, I was planning to get you your next exclusive episode, but with the California Fire and the lost of electricity, I got delayed. I will get it to you ASAP. In the meantime, you also got this episode in our video chat format, adds free, uncensored and unedited before it was launched on iTunes!!!
ABOUT OUR GUEST
As the Self-Love Aficionado, Heather Reinhardt really loves herself. And, she wants you to really love yourself, too. She wholeheartedly believes that having self-love supports you during your struggles. She’s on a mission to make sure as many people as possible have the proper tools to cultivate self-love. With that in mind, she created her lifestyle brand and product line, Amour De Soi™, which includes Affirmation Candles™ and Self-Love Jewelry.
Heather’s debut book, Go Love Yourself, was released Spring 2019. Heather’s upcoming project, Past Life Husbands, is a four-part book series that’s currently being adapted for television. Heather has her fingers in many pies (both metaphorically and IRL–she loves pastries). She is an author, speaker, producer, entrepreneur, yogi, and Yerba Mate addict.
Get to know more about her and her work :
Go Love Yourself Amazon – http://bit.ly/GLYbook