or our 17th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Susannah Freedman. Susannah is a San Francisco Based Yoga teacher and Teacher Trainer that has a deep knowledge of Yogic philosophy, and a Masters’s in Philosophy & Religion. I met her on Instagram and we became friends. I follow and love everything she does, and a few months ago, she published her first e-book called Suffer Less, Using Yogic Principles to Live a More peaceful Life. I got it right away. I mean, who doesn’t want to suffer less? Once I read it and saw how accessible and interesting it was, I reached out to Susannah, to invite her on the podcast!
Listen to the episode here :
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 17th episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
As always, I really appreciate your support. So as you leave a review on iTunes or on your iPhone podcast app, you automatically enter a giveaway. Once more Athleta is supporting this podcast in their effort to ignite a community of strong women who lift each other up, and is giving out a 75$ shop card!
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your yoga journey?
- I know it’s a pretty interesting one!
- Why did you decide to write a book about suffering?
- Can you share what in your life has caused you suffering?
- Why did you decide to use yogic principles to talk about suffering?
- How important are the traditional yogic texts for you?
- What is your favorite one and why?
- Can you walk us through The Yoga Sutra’s Take on Suffering?
- What is suffering and what are the causes according to Patanjali?
- How is it different than the description in the Bhagavad-Gita?
- So in a nutshell, how do we ease suffering? Because we can’t totally get rid of it, yes? It’s actually inevitable? How do you avoid future suffering?
- How was the process of writing this book for you?
- Why did you choose to include exercises?
- What’s next for you? Any other projects brewing you can share with us?
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Susannah teaches a rigorous style of Vinyasa yoga with a strong emphasis on breath, the sensation of the subtle body, and classical yoga philosophy. She helps people find refuge inside their own bodies and believes that as a global community we need to find a way to understand the concept that, as her teacher Stephanie Snyder says, we are different but not separate. Aside from her 500 E-RYT, Susannah also received her Masters in Philosophy & Religion in 2014.
Susannah currently leads yoga retreats around the world and teaches private, public, and corporate classes all over the San Francisco Bay Area. She is a Legacy Ambassador for Lululemon, has taught at Wanderlust Festival, and is core faculty at the Love Story Yoga Teacher Training in San Francisco.
Find out more about her here :
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment