For this episode, I sat down with Karen Newell. Karen is the co-founder of Sacred Acoustics and co-author with Dr. Eben Alexander of the book Living in a Mindful Universe: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Heart of Consciousness. As an innovator in the emerging field of brainwave entrainment audio meditation, she empowers others in their journeys of self-discovery. Creating and recording binaural beats and other sound patterns, she teaches how to connect to inner guidance, achieve inspiration, improve wellness, and develop intuition.
Listen to the full episode here:
MY 5 BIGGEST TAKEAWAY FROM THIS EPISODE
- Delta brain waves are associated with deep sleep, Theta is associated with deep mediation, Alpha is for focus and concentration, and Beta, is the state we are in thinking and going about our days.
- The sounds don’t affect the physical body directly but change your awareness of your body, your level of identification with the physical and non-physical parts of yourself, it affects the mental, energetic, emotional, and spiritual aspects which in turn will impact the physical body.
- Binaural beats can help you access deeper levels of mediation, deeper sleep, better focus, deal with mental health issues (particularly anxiety and depression), and access higher levels of consciousness (telepathic connection, Kundalini awakening, lucid dreaming, and out of body experiences.)
- The sounds affect the lower, primitive brain, entraining it to match the vibration to put the thinking mind on hold.
- For optimal effect, use headphones and lie down when you listen.
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED DURING THIS EPISODE
- Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your journey co-founding sacred acoustics?
- Can you explain what is the different brain states of the delta, theta, and alpha?
- What happens in each state and why we might want to entrain with one vs the other? How does it work?
- Can you explain how hearing sound effects and changes your brain? If you feel anxiety, does it means it’s being released or just activated?
- Should people continue or change recording? How do you create them?
- What’s the creative process like?
- How do psychedelic drugs affect your brain waves compared to the binaural beats?
- How does it affect our beliefs, and help us access higher levels of consciousness?
- What’s your opinion on the effect the body and physical pain with these sounds?
- What’s the difference between binaural beats, monaural beats, isochronic tones, and the other sound patterns you use?
- How do you know the level of quality of a recording?
- Why headphones are important?
- Do you also use cymatics? Or only audio?
- Tips and tricks to make the most of it?
- How can we use this technology to be useful in times of crisis like right now?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW! DONATE OR BECOME AN EXCLUSIVE MEMBER TODAY.
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 56th episode! If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate and review anywhere you listen. I really appreciate your financial support with this podcast. If you can, know that you can make a big difference even with a small donation to help me cover the production cost and allow me to create more episodes. Visit www.patreon.com/onandoffyourmat and become a vip member. As a thank you, get access to new exclusive content every month. This month, you get a tell-all episode on my life story.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
As an innovator in the emerging field of brainwave entrainment audio meditation, Karen Newell, co-founder of Sacred Acoustics, empowers others in their journeys of self-discovery. Using Sacred Acoustics recordings, she teaches how to connect to inner guidance, achieve inspiration, improve wellness and develop intuition.
In her search for answers to fundamental questions, it became clear that direct experience is crucial to full understanding. To bolster her strong sense of inner knowing and alignment with her higher nature, she enrolled in a series of hands-on experiential courses to investigate and develop such skills as lucid dreaming, astral travel, telepathy, remote viewing, self-hypnosis, and different forms of energy healing.
She developed a facile expertise in living through daily connection with universal consciousness using heart awareness as a central element. At international workshops presented with best-selling author Dr. Eben Alexander, Karen demonstrates key practices of consciousness exploration: heart awareness, intention, maintaining neutrality, emotional management and cultivating internal knowing. She is co-author with Dr. Alexander of their latest book, Living in a Mindful Universe: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Heart of Consciousness.
During 26-years working in the magazine and newspaper publishing field, Karen held key leadership positions involved with the direction and management of technology transitions faced by the print industry. Her business skills include web development, desktop publishing, communications, information technology, project management and strategic planning. www.sacredacoustics.com