You may not see the link between Non-Performative Yoga™ and the divine feminine, but you will by the end of this episode. If you’ve always felt like yoga was less about doing and more about being, or if you’ve been curious about how to embody the divine feminine more, discovering the link between these two concepts will change everything.
To discuss these topics, I sat down with Abiola Akanni, a leader in the field of yoga. She has cultivated non-performative spaces that encourage individuals to use the practices of yoga and mindfulness to enhance their lives and bodies. Abiola is also an emotional intelligence coach, supporting high-achieving Women of Color navigating their experience of high-functioning anxiety.
If you’re ready to start practicing yoga beyond the poses and disrupt the western-world’s performative approach to yoga, tune in this week. Abiola is sharing how to start practicing yoga in a way that feels more freeing and aligned with your values while weaving in the concept of embodying the divine feminine along the way.
If you want some help with setting boundaries for protection and connection, click here to enquire about how 1:1 coaching, working with your body and nervous system, will make setting boundaries easier.
Find out just how sensitive you are with my free quiz! After you take the quiz, you’ll receive your own personalized workbook and action plan with the right tools for your level of sensitivity.
What You’ll Discover:
- How Abiola developed a yoga practice to help her re-mother her own body.
- Why Abiola wanted to move away from the performative yoga of the western world.
- The yogic practices that helped Abiola move through hypersensitivity and substance abuse.
- Why it isn’t the yoga postures and poses that provide the real transformation.
- What makes a yoga practice non-performative.
- How nervous system regulation and embodying the divine feminine help you develop safety in your body.
- Where to start with developing a practice that feels more authentic to you.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at email@example.com to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Explore my Instagram
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here!
- Abiola Akanni: Website | Instagram | YouTube
- Abiola’s Divine Feminine Yoga Workshop
- Iya – the Home of Non-Performative Yoga™: Website | Instagram