For our 26th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Kia Miller. Kia is internationally renowned yoga teacher and probably one of the most well-known kundalini teachers in the West. She teaches workshops, retreats, and several 200- and 300-hour teacher trainings every year. She eventually created Radiant Body Yoga by pulling from multiple yogic disciplines. Rooted in tantric tradition it mixes Vinyasa Flow and Kundalini with the power of Prayer, Mantra and Meditation in a holistic approach to yoga. Today we sat down to talk about that unique and powerful style.
Listen to the episode here
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 26th episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
As always, I really appreciate your support. So as you leave a review on iTunes or on your iPhone podcast app, you automatically enter a giveaway. Once more Athleta is supporting this podcast in their effort to ignite a community of strong women who lift each other up, and is giving out a 75$ shop card! If you’re not sure how to leave a review, check this article. The winner of our last giveaway is iTunes user MaddyRose16 Thank you for your comment. DM me on Instagram or email me firstname.lastname@example.org to get your shop card!
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself and your yoga journey?
- What is the Kundalini and Radiant Body training about?
- What is Kundalini yoga, outside than just another brand of yoga?
- What are some of the misconceptions about Kundalini?
- What does it mean to awaken the Kundalini?
- What does it mean to have a radiant body?
- What are our key responsibility as a yogi if we want spiritual transformation, if we want kundalini awakening? What’s the real, tangible work of awakening?
- What is Sadhana? Why is it so important and why practice first thing in the morning?
- How do we maintain our radiance? Is Sadhna enough?
- Why does this kind of practice, whether we talk about Kundalini, Radiant Body and a daily Sadhana make up feel so good? Can you explain the biology behind it? What’s happening exactly?
- During the training, you mentioned how pain and suffering helps us to turn in. Would you share your experience of needing to turn in, tune in and invite awakening in your life?
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Kia Miller grew up in the Falkland Islands, riding horses over vast acres of wild land. Moving to England at 15, she soon joyfully discovered yoga and has been studying with world-renowned teachers in India, Europe and the US ever since. She is certified in the Ashtanga / Vinyasa Flow tradition, as well as Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
Kia is a devoted Yogini and teacher who imparts her wonderful passion for life and well-being in her teaching. Her style pulls from multiple yogic disciplines and is both intuitive and steeped in the traditional aspects of yoga. Her classes focus on breath, alignment, and the interconnection between mind, body, and spirit, allowing students to work at their own pace in a safe and transformational environment.
Find more about her and her offerings here: website : kiamiller.com