For our 49th episode, I sat down with Heidi Kristoffer. Heidi is the creator and producer of CrossFlowX™,Microsoft Bing Fitness Yoga & MSN Yoga, and wellness expert for and contributor to multiple online platforms. She was rated one of the: Hottest Trainers in America by Shape Magazine, most inspiring yoga teachers in the world by DoYouYoga, and most popular instructors in NYC by RateYourBurn and ClassPass. Heidi can often be seen featured as an expert on television and in magazines worldwide. Her goal is to make yoga, health, strength, and whole, happy living accessible to everyone.
Listen to the full episode here
5 BIGGEST TAKEAWAY
- Yoga teaches you that you are enough. No effort required. Remember this and show up exactly as who you are. Being yourself is the only way to be truly inspiring. Draw from your own experience, from what matters to you, what drives you.
- Learning inversions and arm balances is a gift to build confidence, capability, strength, and independence.
- Never make an important decision from the fight-flight-freeze mode.
- Instead of forcing to get in a pose, feel your way into it. When you’re not balancing effort and ease you create disease.
- Yoga is not a quick-fix pill, yoga is a long term sustaining fix. Here are 5 important tips when it comes to yoga and healing: A) Change your mindset around healing. Healing comes to form the inside. If you believe you can heal you will. Your body follows what your mind tells it. B) Allow the nervous system to do its thing and heal: create space, slow down, soften, relax around the injury. C) Don’t do it alone but be the driver of your healing journey. Be an advocate for yourself while working with all the specialists you can lean on. D) Be patient and disciplined at the same time. E) Use the practice to strengthen your mental capacities and tap into your intuition so you know what’s best for you and your healing. You are the expert on you. No doctor in the world knows more about you and your body than you.
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED
- How is yoga different than any other fitness practice for you?
- Why did you transition into fitness and yoga?
- You were rated the most inspiring yoga teachers in the world by DoYouYoga. I believe what inspires us as a teacher comes through to inspire other people…So what inspires you?
- How do you inspire people? What does it take nowadays to be an inspiring teacher?
- How do you balance staying authentic and true to yourself and building a brand that is popular enough to be salable?
- What would you say to people becoming teachers seeking fame and popularity?
- How can we use yoga as a tool to heal and strengthen the body?
- What are some of the biggest blind spot people have when it comes to health and fitness?
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW!
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our 48th episode! If you enjoy this podcast, please subscribe, rate and review anywhere you listen. I really appreciate your financial support with this podcast. If you can, know that you can make a big difference even with a small donation to help me cover the production cost and allow me to create more episodes. Visit www.patreon.com/onandoffyourmat and become a vip member. As a thank you, get access to new exclusive content every month. This month, you get a full-length video Yoga Tune Up class to improve balance through self-massage and corrective exercises.
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Heidi Kristoffer is mom to three tiny humans, her CrossFlow yoga app, and CrossFlowX™, co-host of the new hit “Off The Gram” podcast, creator and producer of Microsoft Bing Fitness Yoga & MSN Yoga, and wellness expert for, and contributor to, multiple publications and platforms. Her goal is to make yoga, inversions, health, strength, and whole, happy living accessible to everyone. Rated one of the: Hottest Trainers in America by Shape Magazine, most inspiring yoga teachers in the world by DoYouYoga, and most popular instructors in NYC by RateYourBurn and ClassPass, Heidi can often be seen featured as an expert on television and in magazines worldwide. A former award-winning actress of stage, film and television, and graduate of Cornell University, Heidi makes it her mission to bring happiness to everyone through every medium.
Find out more about her: