For our 10th episode, I had the pleasure to sit down with Erika Trice. Erika is a yoga teacher and teacher trainer. She was one of my mentors when I studied to become a yoga teacher. I was amazed by her presence and inspired by her passion. She always offers immersion that I’m interested in taking and when I saw that her next one was called The Refuge of Practice – A Weekend Yoga and Meditation Intensives, I thought the idea of refuge would be a great subject to cover on the podcast.
Listen to the podcast here :
Thank you so much for listening and being part of our tenth episode! We have other great guests lined up for you so make sure to subscribe to the podcast where ever you listen!
As always, I really appreciate your support. So as you leave a review on iTunes or on your iPhone podcast app, you automatically enter a giveaway. Once more Athleta is supporting this podcast in their effort to ignite a community of strong women who lift each other up, and is giving out a 75$ shop card!
QUESTIONS SHE ANSWERED
- Can you tell us a bit about yourself and what brought you to yoga originally?
- How do you define/see the idea of refuge?
- What does it mean to seek refuge in our practice for you?
- How does that type of practice look like/feel like? Energetically, physically, mentally?
- What in your life made you or makes you seek refuge in your yoga practice?
- Can you share your thoughts about pain and suffering in general, as part of the human experience?
- What parts of the practice are the most potent in your opinion when we seek safety and shelter?
- You also do workshops on the yamas and niyamas, how do these 2 subjects related for you?
- How much do traditional texts direct you in developing this kind of practice?
- What influenced you to create this workshop?
- In your opinion, What’s the place of community when we seek refuge?
- Why is this work important for you as a teacher?
- Why do you want to offer refuge to your students?
- What kind of skill are you hoping to develop in your student?
- How did you know/when did you realize you could serve your community in that way?
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Erika Trice is an E-RYT500 Yoga Alliance certified teacher and teacher trainer. She has been studying and teaching yoga for over 25 years leading classes that are a combination of precise instruction on alignment, flow with breath attention, philosophical insights, and playfulness.
Erika’s studies include a variety of styles… Iyengar yoga, Therapeutic Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Yin and Anusara. In addition to yoga, Erika has been a student and teacher of the Oriental Arts of Qigong and Tai Chi Chuan under the private tutelage of Larry Johnson, O.M.D.
Her teaching style reflects the transformative power of both of these disciplines recognizing the importance of a practice that is integrated, well-grounded, and nourishing.
Find out more about Erika : www.erikatrice.com
FB : Erika Trice Yoga
Register for her workshop The Refuge of Practice – A weekend Yoga and Meditation Intensives here.
Take classes with her at YogaWorks or at Yoga Mountain Studio.
Check her next workshop: Yoga Philosophy & Meditation, A Semi-Private 4 Week Series
T. K. V. Desikachar
Marc Nepo, The Book of Awakening