If you’re an emotional eater or find yourself binging when tired, overwhelmed, or when your needs aren’t being met, you’re not alone and today’s episode is for you. Understanding why binge eating makes sense will be the first step for you to move forward and heal this pattern in your life.
For today’s episode, I sat down with Ali Shapiro, the host of the top-ranked podcast Insatiable. She’s a holistic nutritionist and integrated health coach, and she’s a rebel with a serious cause. Ali is aware of how our medical system, diet culture, and body positivity movements all have their own flavor of crazy, and she’s out to counter these narratives.
If you’re ready to repair your self-trust when it comes to food and binge eating, tune in this week to discover the tools to help you get there. We’re discussing why binge eating as a protection mechanism makes perfect sense, why habit hacking and stacking isn’t the answer, and how to take new steps in feeling safer and more grounded.
If you want some help with setting boundaries for protection and connection, click here to enquire about how 1:1 coaching, working with your body and nervous system, will make setting boundaries easier.
Find out just how sensitive you are with my free quiz! After you take the quiz, you’ll receive your own personalized workbook and action plan with the right tools for your level of sensitivity.
What You’ll Discover:
- Why binge eating as a form of self-protection makes perfect sense.
- Ali’s story of finding functional medicine when she needed it most.
- How Ali noticed she was turning to food when she was feeling stressed.
- Why we, as humans, tend to turn to binge eating as a coping mechanism.
- How food gives us a sense of belonging when we feel disconnected from our bodies and the world.
- Why binge eating isn’t a case of self-sabotage as much as it is self-preservation.
- How to move away from binge eating as a coping mechanism without resorting to habit-stacking.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Resources for You:
- Join the waitlist for The Sensitivity Reset: Releasing Overwhelm for a Happier Life
- Arrange a coaching call with me
- Leave a review for this episode or the podcast in general on iTunes and send me a screenshot at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to a free month of our Premium Membership.
- Take my free quiz: Just How Sensitive Are You?
- Explore my Instagram
- Check out my solo shows referenced in this episode here!
- Ali Shapiro: Website | Instagram | Facebook | Podcast
- Check out Ali’s Free Workshop
- Join Ali’s Free Monthly Call
- We Can Do Hard Things with Glennon Doyle, Ep 169. Attachment Styles with Dr. Becky Kennedy